Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday munchies

Hello lovelies! I wanted to share with you guys my eats from today and what I picked up at the grocery store!

Breakfast: 
  • 16 oz. coconut pu-erh tea. 
Lunch:

  • Salad with baby spinach, rainbow slaw (shredded broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and red cabbage), feta crumbles, canned tuna, and roasted garlic hummus
  • 16 oz. pineapple guava white tea
Snack:
  • 1/2 cup popcorn with I can't believe it's not butter spray and sea salt
Supper:
  • 7 pieces of shrimp scampi with broccoli pieces tossed with smart taste spaghetti sprinkled with parmesan cheese
First I boiled my water and set my noodles aside. While those cooked, I put a little water in my pan and put in my broccoli pieces. I let those steam for about five minutes and then added my shrimp


After the noodles had sat in the water for 10 minutes, I added them to the pan for a minute or two

And then I sprinkled with some parmesan cheese and dug in. It was soooooo good!!

  • 8 oz. dandelion root tea

Dessert: 

  •  A few pieces of watermelon and some grapes
  • 8 oz. cinnamon tea

Jersey had a piece of watermelon for dessert too!

I also picked up a few things from the grocery store!



  • Mrs. Baird's sugar free whole grain wheat bread. This is more for my hubby, but I'll have a slice every once in a while
  • Bag of baby spinach
  • Two bags of rainbow slaw (shredded broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and red cabbage)
  • Naturally Preferred shiitake mushroom and sesame dressing. This brand and Annie's were the ONLY brands I could find that didn't have sugar in their dressing!
  • Tyson canned chicken breast
  • Canned dark red kidney beans
  • 4 avocado
  • 2 lemons
  • Eggland's Best eggs
  • Daisy 4% milkfat cottage cheese
  • Women's World and First, my favorite magazines!
Also, I wanted to share with you guys something I find interesting. I always read ingredients before I buy anything and I usually buy off brand items. However, the ingredients in the Kroger brand 4% milkfat cottage cheese are completely different than the Daisy brand 4% milkfat cottage cheese. The ingredients in the Kroger brand are cultured skim milk, cultured cream, whey, salt, maltodextrin, citric acid, carrageenan, guar gum, locust bean gum, cultured dextrose, and sorbic acid whereas the ingredients in the Daisy brand are cultured skim milk, milk, cream, and salt.




Hope everyone had a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment